Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What should I do when I can't see my compact disc and DVD drives within My Computer ?


What should I do when I can't see my compact disc and DVD drives within My Computer ?

This is almost other due to a physical connection problem. Check the jumper on the drives, make sure one is set to master and one is set to slave if they are on like cable. Also make sure the cable hasn't come unplugged on any end and product sure it is not reversed. (The line on the cable indicates pin 1, pin 1 is almost other closest to the power plug on the optical drives). Pin 1 is usually indicated via silkscreen on your motherboard near the settle controllers.
Go into your Device Manager and see if they are listed in attendance.



Right click on MyComputer icon from your desktop or from beneath the start menu, go to Properties, travel to the Hardware (tab) and click the Device Manager button. Scroll down to CD/DVD Rom Drives and expand open the topic. If they are programmed... You could try to remove them from there, and later restart the computer. Windows Should relocate them.





Good Luck
Try rebooting your computer. I've had that surface before myself, and after rebooting it seem to recognize the drives again.


No comments:

Post a Comment